Sunday, October 19, 2014

Happy Almost Halloween!

      I know I already did another post about Halloween earlier this month, but I just couldn't help myself. My kiddos get SOOO into Halloween and all of the different costumes that I decided to do Halloween activities for 2 weeks this year instead of one. Most of the kiddos on my caseload are working on language or articulation skills. I decided I'd share some of my language ideas with you today. 

Here is a preview of my language activities:
Speech Therapy



Categories:

Speech Therapy

Left: Category Cards
Right: Category Board

Speech Therapy

     Using the category cards Zack identified these 3 pictures (vampire, policeman, and king) and put them into the category of types of Halloween costumes. He also drew a picture of a costume to help identify the category he was using. I think he was going for the Hulk ;)

Regular Past Tense Verbs:
Speech Therapy

    Using the words from the word bank the student glued the correct regular past tense verbs on top of the incorrect past tense verbs.

Superlatives:
Speech Therapy

     Looking at the pictures the student circled the superlative to match the picture above. First picture is smaller, then small, then smallest.

Compare & Contrast:
Speech Therapy
     As you can see this students hand writing is a little difficult to read so I will try to transcribe it for you. :) 

Left (contrast): no wrapper, corn, bite it, & eat fast
Middle (compare): candy, halloween, orange, & yellow
Right (contrast): suck on it, wrapper, stick, sticky, lasts long


I hope this gives you some ideas of Halloween activities!

If you'd like to purchase this product click here.

Speech Therapy

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment