Sunday, April 12, 2015

Save the Earth One Day at a Time

     Last year I realized some of my kiddos had never heard of Earth Day. I think it is such a great idea to share with our kids the daily impact we have on our planet and the tiny steps we can take each day to make the world a better place for us and for all. The other day I bought my dad a wood case for his new iphone (Yes, my dad can use an iphone and text message!). 
 The case said for each case the local company sells they will plant one tree. I felt good, even though the case was a little pricy, to be buying local and the fact that with this purchase a tree would be planted!

   I thought what a great idea to incorporate Earth Day into my speech therapy lesson planning. I wanted an easy to use and ready to go interactive bundle that I could use with any student on my caseload. Here is a preview!


Earth Day

Speech Therapy
This bundle includes:
-Yes or No Questions
-WH-Questions: Who, What, Where, When, Why, How
-Pronouns
-Synonyms
-Antonyms
-Categories
-Regular Past Tense Verbs
-Irregular Past Tense Verbs
-Compare & Contrast
-Attributes
-Problem Solving
-Articulation: /r, l, s, z, sh, ch, th/ initial, medial, & final


WH-Questions
Speech Therapy
   I have the kiddos read the wh-questions and write their answers down on their mini dry erase boards. That way everyone gets a chance to answer the same question.


Antonyms
Speech Therapy
    I have my students read the words first. Then they cut out the words in the word bank and glue them next to the matching antonyms.


Articulation Initial R
Speech Therapy
    I normally print two copies of the articulation pages and play "Go Fish" or "Memory" with the cards. I made 6 initial, 6 medial, & 6 final words per sound.

If you want to see more or purchase this product click here!

Pin Me :)
Speech Therapy


Thanks for checking out my blog :)


No comments:

Post a Comment