Sunday, May 3, 2015

Thinking About my Mother :)

       With Mother's Day on it's way now that it's officially May I have been thinking about my mom and what to get her to say thanks for being such a great mother to me and my sister. If you've never been inside of the Paper Source store it is a MUST go and see! It has some amazingly cute Mother's Day ideas and crafts that you can create.  I found this really sweet book titled Why I love my Mom and inside the book had different examples of why people love their mom and then you get to fill in your own personal experiences that went along with that reason. My mom is a crier and I just know this is going to make her cry, but I also thought it was so sweet to be able to write down all the reasons I think she is a wonderful Mother. I can't wait to give it to her! :) Do you have any fun ideas to celebrate Mother's Day? Or are you a Mother yourself?

    Okay time to let you in on my speech therapy Mother's Day celebration week!! I have two different bundles this year to pick and choose from one has everything from language, articulation, to social pragmatics. The other bundle is just for my language kiddos since I have so many of them this year! I also created a Mother's Day articulation games for both the /r/ and /l/ sound. These two liquids are the most common on my caseload right now that's why I only focused on these two sounds, but hope to make more next Mother's Day.

      Here is a sneak preview of my therapy plans for this coming week before Mother's Day.


Mother's Day:
Language, Articulation, & Social Pragmatics Bundle
Speech Therapy
    This bundle has something for everyone of your students on your caseload. A grab and go bundle!
Includes:
-Yes/No Questions
-WH-Questions: Who, What, When, Where, Why, & How
-Pronouns
-Synonyms 
-Antonyms
-Categories
-Regular Past Tense Verbs
-Irregular Past Tense Verbs
-Compare & Contrast
-Describe/Attributes
-Problem Solving
-Articulation /r, l, s, z, sh, ch, & th/ initial, medial, & final

Synonyms
Speech Therapy
      First I have my students read the words in the word bank and then cut them out. Then they glue the synonyms next to their matching synonym.

WH-Questions:
What Questions Page
Speech Therapy
      For this activity I give my students their own mini dry-erase board, which they love! :) I then have a student read one of the questions. Next they have some "think time" and write their answers down on their own whiteboard. Then they share out their answers. This is a great way to have each student participate and don't have a student blurt out the answer.

Problem Solving
Speech Therapy
      I give each student a marker. Then I have a dice that only goes up to three. Each student takes a turn rolling the dice then reading their problem and solving their problem. After everyone finishes we go back and read the problems that no one landed on and we didn't get the chance to answer. 

If you want to purchase this product or see more click here!

Add me to your speech therapy Pins! ;)
Speech Therapy

Mother's Day:
Language Bundle
Speech Therapy
     This bundle includes:
-Yes/No Questions
-Pronouns
-Synonyms
-Antonyms
-Following Directions
-Regular Past Tense Verbs
-Irregular Past Tense Verbs
-Categories
-Compare & Contrast
-Requesting
-Prepositions
-Superlatives
-Copulas
-Articulation /r/ & /l/
-Vocabulary Go Fish Deck


Pronouns
Speech Therapy
    The students are instructed to use the pronouns found in the word bank above (he, she, or they) to fill in the blanks below.


Irregular Past Tense Verbs
Speech Therapy
     First the student reads the words in the word bank and cuts them out. Next I have the students read the sentences and glue the correct irregular past tense verbs to cover up the incorrect irregular verbs.

Copulas
Speech Therapy
     Have the student read the sentences below and fill in the copulas (is/are) to accurately complete the sentences.

If you'd like to purchase this product or see more click here!

Don't forget to Pin me! :)
Speech Therapy

      Also here are the links to my Mother's Day Articulation R Games bundle & to my Mother's Day Articulation L Games bundle.

     Thanks for checking out my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment