Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Jump into Summer Fun

       Can you believe it's already officially summer time! It's amazing how fast time can pass when you're having fun! I decided again this summer to send home summer homework to keep my kiddos thinking about their therapy goals. I didn't want to overwhelm them and wanted to make sure they had plenty of fun this summer so I made sure that it was simple, easy to use, and quick. 
 I know it might be a little late to share this post, but I figured some speech therapist work through the summers ;) Kudos to you if you're one of those therapist!


Speech Therapy

Articulation

     Here is a sample of an articulation calendar. Each summer month (June, July, August) has an initial, medial, and final page for each sound (r, l, s, z, sh, ch, & th) along with a progress sticker chart. There is one short and simple activity per day. Also if you have a kiddo who needs to work on multiple sounds just print the calendar for the sounds they need to work on!



Sticker Chart
Speech Therapy

      At school I use a sticker chart after each therapy session. My students really enjoy getting to pick out and put their sticker onto their chart. I thought it would be a great idea to incorporate that into this summer bundle. After each day once the student has accomplished their therapy practice for that day they can put a sticker, or a stamp onto their sticker chart. If my students bring their sticker chart calendars back the following school year filled out I let them pick a prize from the prize box. :)


Language
Speech Therapy

      In addition to the articulation summer bundle I needed something for all of my language kiddos. I wanted it to be short, simple, and easy for the parents to do with their kids on a weekly basis. Each week has 3 different activities ranging from synonyms, antonyms, wh-questions (who, what, when, where, why, & how), pronouns, prepositions, compare & contrast, multiple meaning words, is/are copulas, regular past tense verbs, irregular past tense verbs, attributes, fact/opinion, and categories.



Social Pragmatics
Speech Therapy

        Finally I created a summer bundle for my social pragmatics kiddos. This bundle is also meant to be short, easy, and simple for parents to complete with their children. Each week includes an idiom, a problem solving scenario, and a conversation activity. 

      I hope this summer bundle will keep my students thinking about their therapy goals, work on generalizing their goals into their home life, and to improve parent involvement. A girl can dream can't she! :) This bundle has something for everyone of your students on your caseload. These bundles can be mix and matched to best fit your students needs.


Don't Forget to Pin Me ;)
Speech Therapy

Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment