Sunday, September 28, 2014

How to Play the Game Spot It!

      I can't think of many jobs that allow their employees to play games most of the work day. :D Luckily my profession is one of those few lucky ones!! I learned about this game called, "Spot It" about a year ago when one of my coworkers introduced me to the game. It is a pretty mind blowing game, but so much fun. It's easy to learn, which is always good, because I hate the feeling of spending too much time on teaching my students how to play the game and missing out on therapy. 

       The game has 57 vocabulary words and 57 cards with 8 vocabulary pictures per card. Once the cards are all mixed up the dealer passes one card face down to each player. The rest of the cards form the draw pile, which is placed face up in the center of the table. The players then flip over their individual cards face up trying to spot the match between their card and the card in the center of the table. Each card will have one picture match with the card in the center of the table. The first player to say their match gets to keep that card. They place it face up on top of their flipped card making a personal pile. Then a new center card is revealed and the process is repeated again. Play continues until there are no more cards in the draw pile. The player with the most cards at the end of the game is the winner!

        My students just loved this game! It's fun and it keeps them actively thinking. I really wanted to have a set of cards that would work on articulation sounds. Here is my attempt at making an articulation R and R blends card set. Let's just say this was my second try...the first time I "tried" it totally didn't work! Luckily it only took me two tries. :D

Here is what it looks like!


Speech Therapy
Top Left: 57 articulation R and R blend words.

Top Right: 57 articulation R and R blend words.

Bottom Left: 4 of the 57 playing cards.

Bottom Right: 4 of the 57 playing cards.



Speech Therapy
Here is the list of articulation words I used to make the cards.

Left: (ordered left to right: top to bottom) ring, lizard, dinosaur, frog, rose, corn, star, dragon, rhino, fork, beaver, pretzel, rock, turtle, tiger, tree, rake, carrot, ladder, truck, rice, kangaroo, bear, train, rope, horse, pear, triangle, raccoon, cherry, hammer, drum.

Right: (ordered left to right: top to bottom) rabbit, giraffe, tire, crib, rocket, parrot, guitar, grapes, robot, worm, feather, broom, rat, pirate, doctor, tractor, rain, shirt, four, rainbow, scissors, car, raft, barn, dollar.



Speech Therapy
Cards to cut out. 



Speech Therapy
What the cards will look like once they are cut out.



Speech Therapy
Did you find the matches? Each card has one match with the other card. Crazy I know! 

Left and Top: Match is the pretzel.
Top and Right: Match is the guitar.
Right and Bottom: Match is the beaver.
Bottom and Left: Match is the feather.



Speech Therapy
Includes:
15 Initial R words
15 Medial R words
15 Final R words
12 R Blend words

If you would like to purchase this product click here!
Speech Therapy See it, Say it, Match it Game!


Speech Therapy

I hope you enjoy playing! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment