Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bring on the Mittens!

    Okay so I just have to tell you I got these really cute mittens the other day from American Eagle. I was actually suppose to be looking for a birthday present for my friend and then I just had to buy a pair for myself. Have you ever done that?! You're suppose to be buying a gift for someone else and then you end up liking it so much that you buy it for yourself! Oops! I ended up buying my friend and I each a pair. 
 I also confused that I bought myself a pair. :) I love them, because the finger part of the mitten flips back so you can use your fingers. The best part though is that there is a hole in the thumb as well allowing you to text on your phone or eat a bag of chips. I may or may not have tested both of these out. :) 

    Sticking with the winter spirit I created a language bundle for my kiddos. I have a TON of language kiddos this year so I made everything from yes/no questions, pronouns, synonyms, antonyms, following directions, regular past tense verbs, irregular past tense verbs, categories, compare & contrast, requesting, prepositions, superlatives, copulas, artic (r & l), to a vocabulary Go Fish deck. Here are some ideas for the winter season.


Categories


Speech Therapy

Speech Therapy
      I give the student pictures of 4 different categories and have them sort them into 4 different categories. This student found a winter clothes category. He glued mittens, a cap, and a scarf. He also drew a picture of someone dressed up in their winter clothes.

Regular Past Tense Verbs
Speech Therapy

Speech Therapy
      My kiddos really enjoy fixing the sentences that sound silly with the correct regular past tense verbs.

Speech Therapy

Speech Therapy
     This student compared Snow & Sun. In the snow only circle of the Venn Diagram he wrote cold, white, and winter. In the sun only circle he wrote hot, yellow, and summer. In the comparing circle he wrote circle, weather, and starts with the letter s.

Copulas
Speech Therapy
      Looking at the pictures above my kiddo filled in the missing copula either (is or are) to complete the sentence.

Winter Language Bundle
Speech Therapy

If you'd like to see more or purchase this product click here!

Thanks for checking out my winter ideas!

Don't forget to Pin!
Speech Therapy

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment