Monday, January 5, 2015

Heroes

        Everyone has a hero. You know that person that you look up to and want nothing but to be just like them?! Or at least try to be just like them. ;) Well my hero is actually two people who are very near and dear to my heart. I was blessed 27 years ago to become the youngest daughter of Bruce and Josie. YES, you guessed it my heroes are my parents!  Almost 4 years ago my parents decided that my dad would take a new job in Australia. It didn't take long before they fell in love with the people there. They made many friends along their journey. Yesterday was a bitter sweet day saying goodbye to friends we have made along the way. I am excited to have my parents closer to me in the US, but I am also sad to see them leave the friends they have made. But like Dr. Seuss says, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened". I know my parents will look back on their memories of Australia and SMILE. I look up to my dad's courage for taking a job in another country and look up to my mom's courage for being nothing, but supportive to allow my dad to follow his career path. I look up to my dad's strength to not only FIGHTING, but BEATING cancer and I look up to my mom's strength for caring for my dad during the good days and the bad days. I can know proudly tell you that my father is officially six months cancer free. He wouldn't be that way today if it wasn't for my mother. So there you have it those are my heroes, my mentors, my friends, my support, and lastly I'm proud to say MY PARENTS!




My dad and I on our way to the Great Barrier Reef at Hamilton Island, Australia.


   The whole family in Hamilton Island, Australia.


The family at the Japanese Garden in Toowoomba, Australia. The photo is taken by our dear friend and gifted photographer David Seeto. 


Hiking Table Top Mountain in Toowoomba, Australia.

Who is/are your hero(es)? I'd love to hear! 
Leave a comment below.

Thanks for reading my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment