Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back to School Fun with Speech Therapy

    The beginning of the school year is officially in sight. I have to head back to work in 2 weeks!! I better finish up all the things I wanted to accomplish this summer in the next couple of days! ;) I hope you're enjoying the rest of your summer days as well. I got to thinking what am I going to do the first week of school.  Things are always so crazy that first week and I always start off with great intentions to plan out amazing therapy lessons and then other things like paperwork always seem to come up. I decided this year to make my first week therapy plans ahead of time so it's just one less then I have to worry and plan for. 


Back to School
Speech Therapy
   I needed something that I could just grab and go for all of my kiddos with various goals. I included language activities, articulation pages, and social pragmatics skills all into one great bundle.

This bundle includes: Yes/No Questions, Wh-Questions (who, what, when, where, why, & how), Synonyms, Antonyms, Categories, Pronouns, Regular Past Tense Verbs, Irregular Past Tense Verbs, Multiple Meaning Words, Compare & Contrast, Describe/Attributes, Idioms, Problem Solving, Articulation /r, l, s, z, sh, ch, & th/ initial, medial, & final positions.


 Synonyms
Speech Therapy
    For this activity I have my students read the words in the goal bank and then cut them out and glue them next to the word that means the same (aka synonym). They really enjoy the cutting and glueing part of this activity. :)

Multiple Meaning Words
Speech Therapy
     Who doesn't love multiple meaning words?! Haha that makes me sound a little nerdy, but some of the speech therapy skills we get to work on I really enjoy teaching my students and multiple meaning words are definitely one of those. For this activity the students read the words in the word bank then cut them out and glue them next to the two correct definitions for that word. 

Articulation
Speech Therapy
       Here is an example page of the articulation pages. I have included an initial, medial, and final position page per sound. This bundle includes /r, l, s, z, sh, ch, & th/. Print two copies and play Go Fish or Memory!

Click here if you'd like to see more or purchase this bundle!

Don't Forget to Pin Me ;)
Speech Therapy

Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment